I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). I also hold an Affiliated Researcher position with VMware Research. My current focus is on combining ideas from Formal Logic, Machine Learning, and Systems research to construct intelligent compute systems with formal guarantees about their behavior and safety. I obtained a PhD in Computer Science from ETH Zurich in 2020 working with Prof. Markus Püschel and Prof. Martin Vechev. During my PhD, I designed scalable and precise automated reasoning methods and tools for programs and deep neural networks. I co-received the ACM SIGPLAN Doctoral Dissertation Award given annually to the best dissertations in the area of Programming Languages. Before that, I completed a Masters in Computer Science at ETH in 2014 receiving the ETH Master Medal and Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Patna in 2012 receiving the President of India Gold Medal.
For prospective PhD candidates: Please apply to the UIUC CS graduate program and mention my name. I will get back to you if there is a good match.
- 2 Sep 2022: Our papers on verification of GNN-based schedulers and Abstract Interpretation of Higher-Order Automatic Differentiation accepted in round 2 of OOPSLA'22
- 30 Aug 2022: Congratulations to Calvin for winning the prestigious Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship 2022
- 1 Aug 2022: Our proposal Provably Robust Machine Learning for Next Generation Cellular Networks has been selected for funding under the NSF RINGS program
- 1 May 2022: Our paper on proof sharing for neural network verificationaccepted at CAV'22
- 25 Feb 2022: Our paper on proof transfer for neural network verificationaccepted in round 1 of OOPSLA'22
- 20 Jan 2022: Our paper on provably robust adversarial example generation accepted at ICLR'22
- 27 Sep 2021: Our papers on static analysis of Clarke Jacobians and scaling multi-neuron verification of neural networks accepted at POPL'22